Monday, March 9, 2015

Tough day? Or you mean month...

March 9, 2015

My son and I have had quite a tough month together. Everything I've tried never seems good enough. And to be completely honest, I'm ready to rip my hair out and run. He's been teething since he was 3 months old. (No, no teeth yet) so going through this process of making him comfortable has been a task. Not to mention that last week he was hit with one of the worst flu bugs I've ever seen and felt myself. (Yes, he's shared it with me too) Now, he seems to have an awful rash from using a specific brand of baby wipes and I'm trying to deal with that. 
This whole trial and error thing is so hard to do to your baby. Finding what works and what doesn't it a tedious job on top of taking care of a very fussy baby. I've been at this for almost 7 months now, and everyday is a trying of my patience, sweat, tears and laughter. Being a stay at home mom is a blessing but it can also be draining. I've been puked on, peed on and pooped on more times than Id like to admit and when I'm at my lowest, I find myself praying that the next day will be better. You want real? Well ladies and gentlemen, here it is. I'm ready for a break and my girls trip couldn't come any sooner. I love my son more than anything in this world and he makes me smile a hundred times a day. Is it worth this? Absolutely. Just because you are struggling, doesn't mean you're failing. I try to remember this everyday and you should too. 

Xoxo, 

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment